HBCSE Women's Cell
The objectives of the HWC shall be to:
1. Prevent gender discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity amongst all HBCSE employees;
2. Deal with cases of sexual harassment, in a time bound manner and in accordance with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
3. Make recommendations to the Centre Director for changes/elaborations in the Rules, Standing orders, etc, to make them gender just;
4. Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party(ies) to the Centre Director. The HWC is required to submit to the Centre Director, HBCSE, a summary report of work done at the end of every calendar year: e.g., the report for 2015 should be submitted on or about December 31, 2015.
The following members are appointed to the HBCSE Women's Cell (HWC) from December 9, 2014
1. Prof. Sugra Chunawala (Chair) - 2225 - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prof. Rekha Vartak - 2318 - email@example.com
3. Mr. Shirish Pathare - 2309 - firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Mr. K. R. Manoj - 2119 - email@example.com
5. Ms. Sumana V. Amin - 2177 - firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Prof. Monica Sakhrani - email@example.com
The HWC shall perform the functions of the "Internal Complaints Committee" under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. It shall deal with all complaints relating to sexual harassment at HBCSE in accordance with the Act. It shall undertake initiatives and programmes that create awareness about the provisions of the Act and gender related issues that may arise at the workplace, and work towards building an ambience that ensures the safety and security of women members and visitors in the Centre.
List of Events - 2017
1. Public lecture on "Women in Sciences" by Corinne A. Manogue (Oregon State University), March 16, 2017
A Public Lecture on “Women in sciences” as part of celebrations for International Women's Day 2017 March 16, 2017.
All are invited.
Speaker: Corinne A. Manogue, Oregon State University
Day and Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Time: 5.00 p.m.
Venue: V. G. Kulkarni Auditorium, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (TIFR),V. N. Purav Marg, Near Anushaktinagar Bus Depot, Mankhurd, Mumbai - 400088.
2. Play "Main Aurat Hoon"- March 8, 2017
On the occasion of the International Women's Day 2017, a 30 minute play “Main Aurat Hoon” will be staged on March 8, 2017 (4.00 pm) at the V.G. Kulkarni auditorium, HBCSE.
Directed by: Manjul Bhardwaj
Actors: Ashwini Nandedkar, Sayali Pawaskar and Komal Khamkar.
Duration: 30 minutes
List of Events - 2016
1. Poster Making and Exhibition
On the occasion of International Women's Day, 2016 (March 8) HBCSE Women's Cell organized a poster session on the theme “Women and Work” (Mahilayen aur kaam/ Striyan ani karya). The response to the poster session was over whelming. Around 60 people in HBCSE participated in the poster making. All the posters were displayed in the main building on panels.
The HBCSE Women's Cell also organized a poster competition on the same theme for students of two schools, in Mulund and Bandra.
2. Interactive session on "Sexual Harassment at the Workplace” by Rashi Vidyasagar, on March 8, 2016
HBCSE Women's Cell had organized a talk by Rashi Vidyasagar (Resource Centre for Interventions on Violence Against Women - RCI-VAW of Tata Institute of Social Sciences) on “Sexual Harrasment at the Workpace”, at HBCSE on March 8, 2016. The talk was organized in the V. G. Kulkarni Auditorium from 3pm to 5pm. The session covered the following points: Understanding roots and systemic nature of gender-based inequality, gender violence, understanding the discourse on women and work, the Vishaka guidelines, role of an organization in creating an inclusive work space, and the role of an internal complaints committee.
List of Events - 2015
1. Play - Whole Sum Parts - March 10, 2015
On the occasion of International Women's Day (March 8), HBCSE Women's Cell organized a play titled “Whole Sum Parts” on March 10, 2015, at the V. G. Kulkarni Auditorium, between 5:00pm and 5:35pm.
“Whole Sum Parts” is a humorous satirical take on all the undue pressures and expectations that women assume and are pressurized into living up to by films, television and the media at large, even in the kind of society or class, where women are educated and independent and like to think that they are "liberated".
Written and Directed by: Saudamini Kalra
Actors: Samridhi Dewan, Archana Patel Nandi
Duration: 35 minutes
2. Interactive session on "Inclusive Workplace and sexual ethics" by Sneha Khandekar - December 29, 2015
HBCSE Women's Cell had organized a talk by Sneha Khandekar (Consultant Coordinator for the Savitribai Phule Gender Resource Centre) on “Inclusive Workplaces & Sexual Ethics”, at HBCSE on 29 December 2015. The session was conducted at V. G Kulkarni Auditorium from 3 to 5pm. The talk covered social and legal aspects of the law related to sexual ethics at the workplace.