Talks by HBCSE Members
Presentations given by HBCSE members in various places (in pdf format)
- Ph.D in Science Education in India
- Science Communication in Indian Languages by HBCSE (Presentation given at Vigyan Prasar, Allahabad)
K. K. Mishra
- Scientific Temper - A Case Study (In Hindi)
- The Journey of Chemistry (In Hindi)
- Water: A wonder compound (In Hindi)
- Water is Life (In Hindi)
- Role of Peoples Council of Education in Science Communication (In Hindi)
- Visuospatial thinking in science education, Invited talk, UNISA ISTE conference, Kruger National Park, Mopani Camp, Phalaborwa, Limpopo, South Africa, 23-28 October 2016.
- (with Durgaprasad Karnam) Spatial Thinking in Undergraduate Science Education, Invited talk, International Conference on Innovations in Teaching, Learning and Evaluation in Higher Education, Modern College, Shivajinagar, Pune, 29-30 January, 2016. Synopsis
- Innovation in Science Education: Case of the "Small Science" Curriculum, Short Course for Science Teachers and Officers of Sri Lanka, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, November 16, 2015.
- Visuospatial Reasoning in using Projective Sky Maps, International Conference on Physics Education, Beijing, 10-15 August, 2015.
- A constructivist approach to teaching 'Light', Workshop for Physics Teachers of DSERT Karnataka, HBCSE, 22-26 June, 2015.
- How and Why of Learning Science, Chai and Why, Prithvi Theatre, 1 March, 2015.
- Visuospatial learning in school science, TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad, 9 May 2014; BARC Special Colloquium, 20 March, 2015.
- (with S. Padalkar) Visuospatial reasoning in elementary astronomy - Workshop for teacher educators at the Centre for Cognitive and Neural Sciences, University of Hyderabad, 8 May, 2014.
- Science Education Research: What is it, why do it?, Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, University of Mumbai, 25 March, 2014.
- Constructivism and NCF 2005 (In Marathi) (Worksheet in Marathi), Shree Shivaji Vidnyan Parishad, Amravati, December 2013.
- Visuospatial models of the Sun-Earth-Moon system (Shamin Padalkar & Jayashree Ramadas), International Conference on Physics Education, Prague, Czech Republic, August 2013.
- Constructivism and NCF 2005 (In Hindi) (Worksheet in Hindi), Capacity Building Program for DIETs Gujarat, HBCSE, Mumbai, March 2013.
- Project-based learning and environmental studies in NCF-2005, Inaugural talk at Science Utsav, Navi Mumbai Science Foundation, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, 9 February, 2013.
- Educating the Educators, Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Science and Technology, Tenth NIAS-DST Training Programme, Bangalore, 25 September , 2012.
- Is Science Teaching an Art or Science? IIT Indore, 9 August 2012
- A proposal for Teacher Professional Development in West Bengal and Bihar, Seminars in National Council of Science Museums, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics & MHRD Regional Meeting (East & North East), Kolkata, 2 & 3 December, 2011
- Visual-Spatial Modes in Science Learning, Review talk at epiSTEME-2, HBCSE, TIFR, Mumbai, February 2007
D. P. Roy, INSA Senior Scientist
- Role of Experiments in the Progress of Science - Lessons from our History, HBCSE Seminar, November 26, 2015. [Article] [ASET Colloquium ]
- Research at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR (Deemed University), WHCI Presentation, HBCSE, Mumbai, March 2012