Curriculum and Classroom Transaction
Curriculum development at HBCSE is based on research and field work. For primary science books see:
Publications related to science curricular issues and classroom transactions are listed below:
- Pradhan, H.C.: Vidnyan Shikshan – Navya Vata (Science Education – New Avenues) (in Marathi), Granthali, February 2004 (won Maharashtra State Literature Award in Education, Psychology and Philosophy category, 2004).
- Pradhan H.C.: Vidnyan ani Tantradnyan: Swaroop ani Pailoo (Science and Technology: Nature and Aspects), A collection of essays in Marathi, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, Mumbai, January 2007. (Foreword by B.M. Udgaonkar).
The following books in Marathi are co-edited by Prof. H. C. Pradhan (with Dr. Bal Phondke) for Y.C. Maharashtra Open University, Nashik. These are textbooks on science education under their M.Ed. programme (2008).
- Science Education – Part 1: Nature, Characteristics and Instructions
- Science Education – Part 2: Practical, Communication and Scientific Attitude
- Science Education – Part 3: Curriculum, Syllabus and Content-cum-Methodology
- Science Education – Part 4: Evaluation and Research
J. Ramadas: Science and Technology Education in South Asia, In E. Jenkins (Ed.), Innovation in Science and Technology Education, Vol.8, UNESCO, Paris, 2003.
- Kawalkar, A. and Vijapurkar J.: Scaffolding Science talk: The role of teachers' questions in the Inquiry Classroom, International Journal of Science Education, published online in August 2011. (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09500693.2011.604684)
- J. Ramadas and R. Driver: Response to Martin Monk's Paper,`Genetic Epistemological Notes on Recent Research into Children's Understanding of Light, International Journal of Science Education, 14 (1), 123-126, 1992.
J. Ramadas, L.Novemsky and H. Kimmel: The Shape of Fish: A Marine Science Activity, Science Activities, Winter 1990.
- J. Ramadas: Developing Independent Thinking through the Traditional Science Syllabus: An Approach and its Evaluation, Indian Educational Review, October 1986.
- J. Ramadas and V. G. Kulkarni: Pupil Participation and Curriculum Relevance, Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 19 (5), 357-365, 1982
- Kawalkar, A. & Vijapurkar, J.: Several Lines of Inquiry Into Inquiry Teaching and Learning: Exploring the Affective Outcomes of InquiryOriented Science Teaching. In D. Mogari, A. Mji and U. I. Ogbonnaya (Eds.), Proceedings of ISTE International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, p. 265276. South Africa: University of South Africa. 2011.
- J. Ramadas: A New Curriculum for Primary Science, Revive: a Publication of the 4th Annual Learning Network Conference, Ahmedabad, Jan 2006.
- J. Ramadas and J. Vijapurkar: The Homi Bhabha Curriculum for Primary Science, Proceedings of the International Conference on Science, Technology and Mathematics Education (ICSTME), Goa, India, Feb 2001.
- J. Ramadas: Mathematics in Primary Science, Paper presented at the Seminar on Aspects of Teaching and Learning Mathematics in the Primary School, Centre for Science Education and Communication, New Delhi, Jan 1999.
- J. Ramadas, L. Novemsky and H. Kimmel: The Jersey Coast Explorers: A Marine Science Program for Inner City Schools Proceedings of the Conference on Pre-College Education of Minorities in Science and Engineering, Newark, NJ, May 1988, NJIT Press, 1989.
- V. G. Kulkarni, S. Ramani and J. N. Taskar (J. Ramadas): The High School in Maharashtra: Provisional Results from a Survey, In R. G. Lagu (Ed.), Proceedings of the Conference on Science Education, Khiroda, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Bombay, 1978.
- V. G. Kulkarni and J. N. Taskar (J. Ramadas): Evaluation of the Khiroda Project, In R. G. Lagu (Ed.), Proceedings of the Conference on Science Education, Khiroda, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Bombay, 1978.
- V. G.
Kulkarni and J. N. Taskar (J. Ramadas): New Tools for the Evaluation
of Science Education Programs, In R. G. Lagu (Ed.), Proceedings
of the Conference on Science Education,
Khiroda, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Bombay, 1978.
- Nine co-authors including J. Ramadas: Report of the Working Group on International Collaboration in the Evaluation of Inquiry-based Science Education (IBSE) Programs, Wynne Harlen & Jorge E. Allende (Eds.), Fundacion Para Estudios Biomedicos Avanzados de la Facultad de Medicina, Chile, 2006.
- V. G. Gambhir: Comprehensive quality improvement programme for primary and secondary schools - Report of Collaborative project with Solapur Science Centre, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, 1994.
- V. G. Gambhir: Comprehensive quality improvement programme
for improving classroom interaction, International Seminar on school effectiveness and
classroom processes at primary stage, India, 1996.
V. G. Kulkarni, J. Ramadas, S.P. Ozarkar, N.R. Bondale and V. G. Gambhir: Science Based Non-formal Education, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Bombay, March 1991.
- V. G. Kulkarni, J. Ramadas, S. P. Ozarkar, N. R. Bondale and B. B. Deshmane: Non-formal Science-Based Education, Technical Report No. 3, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Bombay, 1984.