Selected Popular Articles
- Mishra, K. K. (2013). National Workshop on Development of e-learning Materials in Hindi: A Report, Avishkar, January, p.46-47.
- Mishra, K. K. (2013). Water: A Wonder Substance, Vigyan, (A Special Issue on Water), January, p.5-9.
- Mishra, K. K. (2013). Discovery of Higgs Boson- A Great Achievement of Science, Vigyan Ganga, Vol. 3, No.5, February, p.37-40.
- Sen, I. D. & Narvekar, S. (2013). Acid or base? The colour tells it all, May-June 2013.
- Chandrasekharan, S. (2013). Student, Teach Thyself, Science Reporter, April-2013, Vol.50, No. 4, p.8.
Mishra, K. K. (2012). Dr. H. G. Khorana, the man who first synthesized artificial genes, Chintan Disha, Vol.3, No.6-7, January-June, p.89-90.
Mishra, K. K. (2012). Nuclear Pollution: Challenges and Concerns, Vigyan, July, p.1-4.
- Mishra, K. K. (2012). Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray: A Saintly Scientist, Patrika Garbhanal, (Internet Edition), June, p.15-17.
- Mishra, K. K. (2012). Vigyan Parishad Prayag: Achievements and Expectations, Centenary Commemorative Book of Vigyan Parishad Prayag, March, p.145-147.
- Mishra, K. K. (2012). Human Genome Projects and its Significance, Avadh-Archna, February-April, p.40-44.
- Mishra, K. K. (2012). Growing Role of e-learning in 21st Century, Avishkar, November, p.17-22
Mishra, K. K. (2012). Chemistry: Origin and evolution (Part II), Vigyan, Vol.97, No.10. p. 712.
- Mishra, K. K. (2012). Science can wait, but not swaraj, Gandhi Marg, Vol.54, No.1, p.1418.
Vijapurkar, J. (2012). Did you understand...?, Teacher Plus, August 2012, vol no. 10, issue No.8 p44
Vijapurkar, J. (2012). Samajlay na...?, Shaikshanik Sandarbh, No. 78, October-November 2012 p3 (Marathi translation of ?Did you
understand...?? J. Vijapurkar, Teacher Plus, August 2012, vol no. 10, issue No.8 p44)
Vijapurkar, J. (2012). Vignyan vargaat mulanna samjoon ghetana, Shaikshanik Sandarbh, No. 76, Jun-Jul 2012, p29 (Marathi
translation of 'Listening to Children's voices in the Science Classroom' Learning Curve, April 2009 issue)
- Haydock, K. (2011). Why do we have problems learning and teaching science? Contemporary Education Dialogue 8: 257.
- Haydock, K. (2011). विज्ञान सीखने और सिखाने मे हमे दिक्कत कयूँ अती है ?, सदं भर 4(20), October, pp.6575.
- Haydock, K. (2011). Illustrations and contributions in Our Pictures, Our Words: A visual journey through the women's movement, by Laxmi Murthy and Rajashri Dasgupta, pp. 8, 173 Illustrations, चकमक?, pp. 4, 5, 6, 148151, 163.
- Haydock, K. (2011). Illustrated रोशन सितारे, (Hindi) by Arvind Gupta, published by Eklavya, Bhopal.
- Haydock, K. (2011). Illustated असे घडळे शासतरज, (Marathi) by Arvind Gupta, published by Manovikas Prakashan, Pune.
- Haydock, K. (2011). Illustrated Ujwala Kidigalu (Kannada), by Arvind Gupta, published by Navakarnatika Publications, Bangalore.
- Haydock, K. (2011). Illustrated Nuclear Energy: Technology from Hell, by Neeraj Jain, Aakar, Delhi.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). Forests and their ecological importance, Vigyan, Vol.97, No.3, p.48.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). The journey of chemistry: From stone age to atomic age, Vigyan Ganga (BHU), Vol.1, No.2, p.3335.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). India's march in the area of information and communication technology, Electroniki Aapke Liye, Vol.23, No. 203, p.1921.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray: A chemist and a saint, Chintan Disha, Vol.2, No.4, p.7880.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). Chemistry in daily life, Avishkar, Vol.41, No.4, p.813.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). Chemistry: Origin and evolution (Part I), Vigyan, Vol.97, No.9. p. 37.
- Mishra, K. K. (2011). Vigyan lekhan evam anuvad: Mere vyaktigat prayas, In: Hindi mein Vigyan Lekhan: Vyaktigat evam Sansthagat Prayas, Anuj Sinha, Subodh Mahanti & Nimish Kapoor (eds).ISBN 978-81-7480-6, Vigyan Prasar (DST), 194pp.
- Mishra K. K. (2011). India's atomic energy program, An educational perspective’ (in Hindi), In: Development of Atomic Energy in India, a book containing essays of the invited lectures of the National Scientific Seminar held at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam, p.7479.
- Mishra, K. K., Bose, A., Sharma A. (2011). Coverage of Solar Eclipse in Print Media: An Educational Analysis (in Hindi), Vijnana Parishad Anusandhan Patrika, Vol.54, No.2, p.3744.
Vijapurkar, J. (2010). Vigyan ki Kaksha Mein Bacchon ki Awaaz. (Hindi). Anoupcharika, February 2010 (Original article in English, Learning Curve, April 2009)
- Padalkar, S. (2009) Disha Shodh (In Marathi Finding directions). ChhatraPrabodhini (Astronomy Special issue: May), 29-31.
- Vijapurkar, J. (2009). Listening to Children's Voices in the Science Classroom. Learning Curve, April 2009
- Vijapurkar, J. (2007). Are we really teaching science in our schools? The Hindu, Friday, March 02, 2007
Vijapurkar, J. (2007). Being a Friend in Need. Sunday Herald, Dec 2007
- Padalkar, S. (2006). Chitrakala, Hastavyavasay aani bhasha yanche vidnyan-shikshanatil mahattva (In Marathi Importance of Drawing, Handicraft and Language in Science Education). BalShikshan Patrika: (Maharashtra BalShikshan Parishad Special issue: Nov-Dec.), 34-38.
1993 -- 1994
- Ramadas, J. (1993-1994). First Principles : A monthly column published in THE ECONOMIC TIMES, January 1993 - May 1994.
1986 -- 2009
H. C. Pradhan
of the New Educational Pattern, Some Deficiencies and their Remedies
(in Marathi), the daily Maharashtra
24th April, 1975, reproduced in Examination: Educational Evaluation
(in Marathi), by R. D. Godbole, published by the author, 1986.
2. Multiple Choice Questions - Are They an Answer?, themonthly Science Today, April 1979, P.43 (with R.D. Godbole). Reproduced in Examinations and Evaluations, by R.D. Godbole, published by the author, 1986.
3. Science and Society (in Marathi), the monthly Ruchi,Granthali - A Novel Readers' Movement, Special Issue, December 1985
4. An Educational Survey of the Thane District ( In Marathi), Thane Varshik, October 1986
5. Terminology and Teaching Science (in Marathi), the monthly Marathi Vidayan Patrika, July 1992, P.29.
6/7. Logical Thinking and Us, Part I & II, (in Marathi), the bimonthlyThinkers Academy Journal, March 1992, April 1992.
8/9. The Uncertainty Principle in Physics, Part I and II (in Marathi), the bimonthly Thinkers' Academy Journal
(July - August 1993, Sept -Oct 1993) (with Sudhir Panse).
Reproduced in Ajacha Sudharak, special issue on Science, January-February 2004; Also, included in the book Aadhunik Vidnynache Swaroop, edited by Chintamani Deshmukh, Mauj Prakash Griha, Mumbai, December 2006 also included in Vidnyanache Tatwadnyan, Edited by S. Deshpande et al, Department of Philosphy, University of Pune, published by Granthali (2007).
10. Nobel Peace Prize Winners - Joseph Rotblatt and the Pugwash Conference, the daily Maharashtra Times, October 25, 1995 (in Marathi) (with C.D. Deshmukh).
11. On the Occasion of the Nobel Prize awarded to The Pugwash Conference: An Interview with Prof. B.M. Udgaonkar, the bi-monthly Thinkers' Academy Journal,
Mumbai, December 1995 (In Marathi) (with C.D. Deshmukh).
12. Satyam, Sundaram, Shivam in Mathematics (in Marathi), the daily Tarun Bharat, Solapur, National Science Day Supplement, February 28, 1997 (with V.N. Dhayagude).
13. The Pokhran Explosions and After (in Marathi), the daily Maharashtra Times, Sunday, 17th May 1998 (with C.D. Deshmukh)
14. An Ancient Problem in Geometry-Trisection of an Angle (in Marathi), the monthly Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, December 1998 (with A.T. Mavalankar)
15. Some experiments in science/mathematics education' (in Marathi), Proceedings of State Level Seminar on Education after Independence: Changes, outcomes and challenges,
organized by Y. C. Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, April 1998
16. ‘Tisri Lat’ (Third Wave) under the Panel Discussion, ‘Udyanche Ushshyap’ (World of Tomorrow), Maharashtra Times Annual Issue, p.227-231, October 1999.
17. 'Vidnyan Olympiad-Naveen Awahan' (Science Olympiads – New Challenge), the daily Tarun Bharat, Science Day Special Issue, February 2000.
18. 'Samasya Purti-Ek Abhyas' (Problems Solving – A study), the monthly Ganit Shiskshan of Maharashtra State Mathematics Teachers’ Association,
p.17-20, December 1999.
19-69 A weekly column in Loksatta, a Marathi daily of the Indian Express Group, titled ‘Science Education-New Avenues’, A total of 51 articles from January 1 to December 31, 2000 published on various issues in science/mathematics education such as Nurture of excellence, the Olympiad examinations, Science Exhibitions, Language in science, Language simplification, Nature of mathematics, History of Euclidean geometry, History of chemistry, Elementary mathematical skills, Word problems, Estimation, Measurement in science and education, Measurement in modern physics, The ‘intelligence debate’, Gender in science education, Complementarity of equity and excellence. Two of the articles on Measurement in education were reprinted in Shikshan Sankaraman
published by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, February 2001.
70. Developing the Marathi Language for Science, Lok mudra, Supplement of the Sunday Edition of Loksatta, Marathi Daily, March 11, 2001.
71. International Chemistry Olympiad, a Wonderful Experience (in Marathi), Thinkers Academy Journal, May-June 2001, Reprinted in Ruchi (Granthali), May 2002
72. What after 12th Standard? Challenge of Science (in Marathi), the monthly Kayastha Chaitanya, Special Diwali Issue, October 2001.
73. Mathematics Education-Beyond Competencies (in Marathi), the Commemorative Volume on Education published of the Diamond Jubilee of the Balmohan Vidyamandir, Mumbai, January 2002
74. Competencies in Mathematics Education (in Marathi), special supplement on Science Day, the daily Tarun Bharat, Solapur, February 28, 2002.
75. Vidnyan Dindicha Varkari (in Marathi), obituary to V. G. Kulkarni, the daily Sakal, July 22, 2002.
76. Quantum Computers (in Marathi), the monthly Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, May 2002.
77. The Teacher's Role in Science Education (in Marathi) Commemorative Volume – 'Dnyanadhar', published on the Golden Jubilee of Saraswati Mandir Trust, Thane, January 2003.
78. Beauty in Mathematics , The Maharashtra State Mathematics Teachers’ Association, Silver Jubilee Convention, December 21, 22, 2003, Solapur, Souvenir Volume (in Marathi)
79. Number Sense, The Greater Mumbai Mathematics Teachers’ Association, Silver Jubilee Souvenir Volume, 2003-04 (in Marathi)
80. Science Education and Language, serialized in six parts in Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, January, February, March, April, May, June 2004)
81. Patterns in Mathematics- Monthly column in Marathi Vidnyan Patrika (March, April, May, June, August, September 2004) (with Shweta Naik)
82/83. What is this thing called Science? Pre- Kuhn period (Part I), the monthly Aajcha Sudharak, Special issue on Science, January-February 2004; Post-Kuhn period (Part II), Aajcha Sudharak , March 2004 (in Marathi); Also, included in Aadhunik Vidnynache Swaroop, edited by Chintamani Deshmukh, Mauj Prakash Griha, Mumbai, December 2006. Also, included in Vidnyanache Tatwadnyan, Edited by S. Deshpande et al, Department of Philosphy, University of Pune, published by Granthali (2007).
84. Universities and Higher Education – Autonomy is the only Way to Improve Quality (in Marathi), Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, Special Diwali Issue, November 2004 (with B. M. Udgaonkar)
85. Research in Universities, Interview with Prof. S. P. Sukhatme (in Marathi), Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, Special Diwali Issue, November 2004.
86. Research in I.I.T. and Brain Drain and I. I. T. (in Marathi), Marathi Vidnyan Patrika, Special Diwali Issue, November 2004.
87. Mathematics Education – New Thinking, Souvenir volume on Mathematics Education, Pune District Mathematics Teachers’ Association, Pune, February, 2005. (in Marathi)
88. School Mathematics Education – Modern Approach, the daily Tarun Bharat (Solapur), Special Science Day Supplement, February 28, 2005 (in Marathi)
89.Main objectives of Mathematics Education, the monthly Charchaughi, special issue, February 2009 (in Marathi)
91-95 Five book reviews published in Science Today, Instrumentation Bulletin and Thinkers’ Academy Journal
96. Homi Jehangir Bhabha And Damodar Dharmanad Kosambi (in Marathi) by Chintamani Deshmukh, in Monthly Ruchi, published by Granthali, April 1994.
97. Scientific Outlook and Us (in Marathi) by Sudhir Panse, in daily Maharashtra Times, July 12, 1998.
98. Tapli Vasundhara (in Marathi) by Gargi Lagu, in LokRang, Sunday supplement of the daily Loksatta, December 8, 2002.
99. Abhayaranya (in Marathi) by J. V. Narlikar, in LokRang, Sunday supplement of the daily Loksatta, January 19, 2003.