Current Position: Associate Professor (G)
Current areas of Work
Co-coordinator, Indian Chemistry Olympiad programme (INChO) and National Initiative on Undergraduate Science programme in chemistry (NIUS-Chemistry)
Responsible for training members of Indian team in experimental areas for the International Chemistry Olympiads
- Responsible for conducting Chemistry Olympiad awareness programmes for students (in collaboration with Indian Association of Chemistry Teachers) -- (http://www.iactindia.org)
- Conducts Chemistry Olympiad Orientation programmes for teachers
- Involved with teaching courses in analytical, physical and experimental chemistry at undergraduate level
- Responsible for Development and standardization of experiments for teaching and learning of chemistry at undergraduate level
- Responsible for guiding students’ projects in areas of surface and organic chemistry (http://nius.hbcse.tifr.res.in/subjects/chemistry )
University Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (2004-2005, 2006)
UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) (2008-2009 and 2009-2010)
Participation in International events
International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO)
Accompanied Indian teams as mentor/scientific observer for IChOs organised in years 1999 (Bangkok, Thailand), 2000 (Copenhagen, Denmark) and 2009 (Cambridge, UK)
Member of the National Scientific Committee and National Organising Committee for the 33rd International Chemistry Olympiad.
Responsible for development and standardisation of experiments of 33rd IChO.
Member of International Steering Committee for International Chemistry Olympiad, 2000-2001
Awards and Membership
Received best Chemistry Teacher Award from Chemical Research Society of India (CRIS) in January 2006
Vice –President for Western region of Indian Association of Chemistry Teachers (IACT) (2008-2010)
Development of experiments for undergraduate chemistry
Conceptual understanding and misconceptions in chemistry
Area of interest:
http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/research-development/chemistry-ed . Please visit Catalogue and Price List for further details.