Current position: Reader F
Areas of work:
1. Developing challenging theoretical problems in biology.
2. Developing challenging experimental problems in biology.
3. Conduct biology teachers’nurture programmes.
4. Conduct undergraduate students’ nurture programmes.
5. Academic and organisational co-ordination of National Biology Olympiad programme.
6. Academic co-ordinator of the 19th International Biology Olympiad (IBO) held at HBCSE from July 13th to July 20th, 2008.
7. Member of Core Organising Committee of the 19th International Biology Olympiad (IBO) held at HBCSE from July 13th to July 20th, 2008.
Representation at the International Biology Olympiad (IBO): Went as a team leader with the Indian students for:
13th IBO- 2002: Riga, Latvia.
14th IBO- 2003: Minsk, Belarus
15th IBO- 2004: Brisbane, Australia
18th IBO – 2007: Saskatoon, Canada
Chromatography- An Educational Tool. Resonance 6(2001) 83-91.
Photosynthesis in plants with non-green leaves: Journal of Biological Education, Volume 40 Number 4, Autumn 2006.
1. Challenging Questions in Biology (Theory). Technical Report series No.1 (2001-02), HBCSE.
2. Innovative Experiments in biology. Technical Report series No. 2(2001-02), HBCSE.
3. The National and International Biology Olympiads- Analysis of students' participation and performance.Technical Report series No.(2001-02), HBCSE.
4. ‘Theoretical Problem Designed for National Biology Olympiads 2004-2007”.
5. ‘Experimental Problem Designed for National Biology Olympiads 2004-2007”.
Popular science articles: Two Science Fictions were awarded prizes by Marathi Vidyan Parishad at state level competition.
1. "Ladha": 1st Prize, Year: 1999. (published in Marathi Vidyan Patrika, May 2000).
2. " Aghatit". 2nd Prize, Year: 1998.
3. “Ghode Aajari Ka Padtat?" : Marathi Vidnyan Parishad Patrika (April 2004 issue).
4. “ Bird Flu Kasa Hoto?”- Marathi Vidyan Parishad Patrika (March 2004 issue).