Ph.D. Programme in Science Education 2017
Admission to PhD Programme in Science Education – 2017 (Advt No. 01/2017)
- We are looking for young people with
- Interest in science education
- Flair for teaching and writing
- Curiosity about how students learn
- Critical and analytical skills
- Commitment to improving education
Science and mathematics teachers and educators are also encouraged to apply. They would have to spend a minimum of two years at HBCSE and can do their research work while stationed at their parent institutions.
To submit the form online, to download the form and for more information about the admission please visit: http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/admissions/
Note: This is a programme in education. It is not a pure or applied science research programme.
Areas of Research
- Teaching and learning of science and mathematics from primary to undergraduate level
- Innovative curricula and assessment methods, experimental problem-solving in science
- Development of scientific and mathematical thinking in students at school and college level
- Design and technology in the curriculum
- Visual and spatial modes in learning
- Socio-cultural and gender factors in learning
- Science-Technology-Society-Environment Education
- Structure and dynamics of knowledge
- Discipline based education research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, astronomy and environmental science education
M.Sc. (in any subject), M. Tech or a Master\'s degree (M.A./ M.S.W.) in any of the social/ behavioural sciences/ psychology/ linguistics/ sociology/ economics/ anthropology or any allied disciplines, M.Ed.
₹ 600 to be paid online or through DD (non-refundable) in favour of 'Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR' and payable at Mumbai.
Application Submission deadline: March 30, 2017 (Extended Date)
- Written test: May 14, 2017, Timing: 10 am to 1 pm
- Interview: June 3rd week, 2017
- ₹ 25000 per month till registration, ₹ 28000 per month post-registration
- Additionally, 30% HRA in lieu of on-campus institute accommodation
- Annual contingency grant of ₹ 32000
Admissions are made initially for one year, renewable annually up to a maximum of five years.
The offline applicants should send the completed form along with one passport size photograph and a demand draft for ₹600/- (non-refundable) to:
Graduate School Admissions - 2017,
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR,
V. N. Purav Marg,
Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088.
A written test for eligible applicants will be held at seven Centres around the country: Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Guwahati (provisional). Those who qualify will be called for an interview.