HBCSE is a National Centre of TIFR devoted to science and mathematics education from primary school up to undergraduate level. The Centre is looking for competent and committed natural and social scientists, teachers and communicators holding a PhD degree to contribute to its programmes, in the following areas:
The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates. Please apply enclosing your biodata and including the following specific details:
1. Date of birth
2. Academic record up to Master's degree
3. One-page description of PhD Work
4. Awards and scholarships
5. List of publications (with a brief note on the most significant publications)
6. Experience in teaching and science popularization
7. Names of two referees
8. A comment on the state of science education in the country and suggested improvements (about 250 words)
9. A proposal for the project that you would like to take up at HBCSE (about 250 words)
Applications will be received and screened throughout the year and referees will be contacted for recommendations. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar/ interview at HBCSE.
Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year. The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs. 32,000/- upwards p.m. plus 30% HRA and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/-. At the end of the Fellowship outstanding candidates have a chance to be considered for absorption in the regular academic cadre of HBCSE.
Applications can be sent via email -- vf [at] hbcse [dot] tifr [dot] res [dot] in
Please send a hard copy of your application to:
Prof. Sugra Chunawala
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR
V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400 088.